Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Yes, Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus

Every year the Salvation Army puts up a Christmas tree Christiana Mall with names of kids and their Christmas wish list. There are 4,000 needy children in New Castle county. To me, that's a staggering number. It's an increase from previous years and I suspect it will increase even more now that extended unemployment benefits ran out. So for the umpteenth year in a row, I'm skipping the frazzled frenzy of buying Christmas presents for people who don't need a thing and buying for 4 of the 4,000 kids who don't have a thing. It really makes you think when you see "winter coat" on the wish list of a 4-yr old. So, there are 4 kids in New Castle County who will get that winter coat, along with some clothes...and a toy. I feel bad that I didn't buy them a lot of toys...but toys won't keep them warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment